September 20, 2012

Shillong: The Charmer


Polo Grounds. Soaking in the sun. 5pm.

Old world charm of Hotel Pinewood. 4pm.

Dying sun, a few trees, a large green ground. Sunset at Polo Grounds. 5:30 pm.

Dark alleys and narrow passageways. 8pm.
  
Starry skies. A terrace. Three Sisters. Long talks. 11pm.

Blurry view from my window. 4am.
I still wonder who sits there every evening. Crush :) 4:10am.

A green roof. A light drizzle. 4:20am.


More roofs. A red one too. 4:22am.

Ivy-lined stone wall. 5am.

I sipped tea and watched pigeons on a red roof. 4:30 am.

I yearn for a home in the hills. 5am.

I stood under a tree with pink blossoms. Morning walk. 5:30 am
 
The sun shone through a mist. 6am.

Stealthy climb. 6:15am.

Purple delight. I stopped here on the way back. 6:30am.

I sat at worn-out tables and sipped steaming cups of coffee in quaint cafes. I bonded with family, a little more. I soaked in the sun and the lush greenery. I bought books and a key chain of a doll with stringy hair. I searched for bargains at Police Bazaar. I went on long walks and knew how to define 'happy'. I let the breeze ruffle my hair. 
I fell in love with a charmer. With a town. With Shillong. I wrote about the trip here.






No comments:

Post a Comment